Monday, December 15, 2008

tomorrow

There she sat across from me,
years after I saw her on the bus
A young man riding only a couple miles
dreaming of a day called "us"
Now here she was after all that time
and me with my same wonder
tomorrow when I wake up alone in my bed
will it be ok if I love her?
Standing much more than one person could
surely it could hardly be fair
with love to crush a mountain of evil
surely she must be a bear
Stronger than all of the rest of god's creatures
and warm enough for the arms of a child
how can I love her so very much
and have lost focus all the while
But there in her eyes, underneath the lamp
I saw the reason to keep trying
I saw honor, integrity, love and wisdom
all the reasons to stop crying
In her I see my entire life
all the wrongs and rights
She captures my love, my happiness, my joys
my pain, and lonely nights
I wish I knew how to write a song
so you could feel these feelings
I wish I was an artist
so I could draw love from the floor to the ceiling
All I've got though are these words
so I just ask questions
I've got quite a few though,
So I'll just give you the best of em,

Why are we here, where do we go
How did we get so far
how did you get such a smile ms. bear bear
brighter than all the stars?

I dont have all the answers
and maybe I never will
and when I wake up tomorrow, some things will be different
but one thing never will...

No comments:

Post a Comment