Friday, December 12, 2008

Is it wrong for us to be in love? We two have continued in a vicious cycle for three years, maddening ourselves with love, hate and passion. And when things seem all for lost we somehow have always ended up back in one another's arms. So as we stand apart once more, was it wrong for us to continue down this path, and would it be wrong for us to still continue more? Is it wrong that we perhaps we love each other enough to sometimes ignore our better judgment?

When I was younger I often dreamed of a love for all time. But I wrote it as "the hope for young love," in aspirations that I would find this love early on and that I would find it to last into eternity. I felt it as some sort of destiny. Something unbreakable in a broken world. Over time I wrote off this notion, but what if I did so too soon. We were but teenagers when we met, and here we are, after I have stood in the presence of all her restrictions, and she has stood in the presence of all my mistakes, still in love. Maybe that means something. Maybe we're not wrong. Maybe we're right for staying. Maybe our consistency is admirable. Maybe our love is unwaivering. Maybe we are the hope for young love.

No comments:

Post a Comment